Although I wasn't quite as keen to get rid of 2012 as I was say 2010 or 2011, I am still so happy to welcome in a new year and one that I'm sure will be even better than last year! There is some VERY exciting some stuff lined up which I will be telling you about just as soon as I can, including something publishing related and some travel... (must remember to renew my passport, eeek!) I do love a new beginning, some time to reflect (I've had even more than I expected due to being laid up with a horrible bug the last few days too, ick!) and make plans.
2012 was a rollercoaster year for me, it started with a bit of a low for me for a few reasons, which I won't harp on about, needless to say though I was left with a difficult decision to make, a bit of a mess to sort out and some dusting down and getting on with things to do! The course of how I thought things would go changed, but what seemed like a negative at the time, turned out to be the biggest blessing of all, I retained control of my brand, my work and the direction I was going in and that freedom turned out to be a huge blessing as I found out just weeks later - without that I wouldn't be in the position I'm in now or able to take up some of the fab offers that have come my way (some of which are still to be revealed - eeek!)
I managed to keep all of my resolutions, except one, my quilt never did get started, I was just too busy!
And so 2012 I will remember as the year I...
* changed direction and realised I COULD do it all by myself if I just had a little more faith in myself
* launched a ton of new products
* diversified into retail with the addition of my NOTHS shop
* partnered with some fab companies including Serif and Silhouette (with a few more yet to be revealed...)
* returned to Create & Craft
* launched Craft Academy and the Sarah Hurley Lookbook magazine
* learned to cook
* got excited about a Jubilee and Olympics I thought I didn't care about (ha! how wrong was I!)
* met lots of you at Donington
* laughed more and cried less than I can ever remember - got to be a good thing, right?
My one little word for 2012 was 'Believe' to believe in myself and my decisions, my gut instinct - I certainly did that and I'm VERY happy with the way that turned out! :o)
My one little word for 2013 is...
Here is my first sparkle of the year...
Don't mind me, I'm off to sparkle some more.... ;o)
Thank you for dropping by today!