Shades of Blue with Flexmarkers

Today I'm sharing the card I showed on one of my Create & Craft shows yesterday, this was one of the Little Darlings Stamps - Cherry Blossom, coloured with Flexmarkers...
As soon as I saw the stamp it made me think of those china plates with the blue and white pattern and I wanted to create something in that style - so I started by creating an easel card with a circular front and stamped the girl onto a circle of bleedproof card using an Adirondack inkpad in Eggplant. Then I used Flexmarkers in Navy Blue, Cadet Blue, Storm Blue, Powder Blue, Tea Rose & Linen to colour her in. I finished the front off with a swipe of navy Flexmarker all around the edge of the circle of card, it's a bit neater than distress inks and although I wanted a hint of colour and a very slight distress (caused by the bleed) I didn't want a full blended effect around the edge.
I thought the left side of the card looked a bit bare so I added some cherry blossom die cuts coming down from the tree, cut from bleedproof card and coloured in powder blue with a hint of Crystal stickles. The greeting used as a stopper was stamped in Eggplant ink too and matted onto some blue card and some more flowers added, again coloured in powder blue with a hint of linen and topped off with a few dots of silver stickles.

I will be back on Create & Craft tomorrow at 5pm to show you some more Flexmarker techniques, and by popular demand, I will be showing Sepia (and maybe a little bit of acetate too...) I hope you can tune in!

Thank you for dropping by today!
Sarah x

1 comment: