Tinseltown Calendar & Free 2012 Calendar Download!

I'm now on the last few days of my deadline and I'm at the 'hair tearing out' stage, it's all coming together nicely though and I'm so excited to share these with you all. It's a scary leap from craft CD's and stamps into paper and all the bits that go with it but I'm really pleased with how it's looking and I hope you will all love it too. I will be starting sneak peeks just as soon as I'm allowed! :o)

Today I'm sharing a calendar I made with my Tinseltown CD...
 Supply List - Tinseltown CD, Twine - The Twinery, Gems, Double Sided Tape

Everything used is on the CD, I just added some gems and twine. If you have other papers you'd like to use to make one you can download a free black and white calendar sheet here or get  a digi kit of them in all their pretty colours here.

I printed everything onto Rymans coated cardstock (its the same one I use for promarker colouring and is like a thin cardstock so perfect weight for this kind of project - too thick and you will get horrible creases, too thin and it won't hold the weight of the calendar pad and buckle in) I folded the A4 sheet into 3 with a little lip at the bottom (this will be very easy of you have a scoring board or if like me you don't, then measure 3 equal pieces with an extra 1 - 1.5cms at the bottom and trim to size scoring with an embossing tool or bone folder) and folded into a triangle shape - you can see from this side view how its fixed together with double sided tape.
I coloured the digi stamp with Promarkers and added some stickles in icicle to the furry parts of his outfit. I used the pre-coloured version of the sleigh digi stamp, but the black and white one is on the CD also. I then cut out the scalloped ribbon and added to the top fold with double sided tape. The bow is from the cd, I used a glue dot to attach it by the centre rather than stick the whole thing flat. I then attached the digis using 2 thicknesses of 3D foam so the little boy is slightly in front of the sleigh.
I cut out the calendar cards and punched holes in the top corners - I then punched two holes in the calendar and threaded twine through and tied in a bow to hold them securely (the pages can be easily torn off at the end of each month as there is no glue holding them down) as a finishing touch I added some gems to the top corner.
This is such a quick project but makes a great gift or project for your desk or craft table (which is where mine will be going for the new year!)

If you would like to make this you can download a free Black and White Calendar by clicking here or on the picture below (and right click to save) or you can buy a digi kit of calendars in all their pretty colours here (of course if you have the Tinseltown CD already you already have everything you need to make this!)


Thank you for dropping by, I'll be back in a day or so when my deadline has passed and I'm less crazed (I'm only panicking slightly! lol)

Sarah x

9 comments:

  1. What a super calender and thank you for the download :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, Sarah, this is so cute! Such a neat desktop calendar! thanks for the freebie!!!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. TY for the calendar!!!!loves what you did with yours ~so adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable calendar! Thanks for the download.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the deadline! The Calendar pages look fantastic! Love the coloring! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute calendar. Thanks for the download.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Thanks for the download!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, I just love the turqoise and red, thanks so much for the download!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAB calendar , thank you for the download.. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete