Hunkydory Floating in Space Card

Today I'm sharing with you another card made with a Hunkydory kit - this one is also just made with one of the little taster kits but these elements are available in some of the larger kits. Today I used the little space boy set which can be found here to create this 3D card...


Firstly, I made the 3D card (I call it a box easel card) from 2 6x6" card blanks, I covered the front section with a square of the star card matted on some silver card and used my Martha Stewart circle cutter to cut a hole in the centre.


I then added the portion of the star card with the planet on to the back part of my card, and added some more star card matted on silver to the sticky out bit of card at the bottom (I'm sure there is a more technical name for that!)

I then used a scrap of the leftover star card, folded in half, to make a step at the back of the card to attach the rocket and planet to - I used a strip of acetate to attach the rocket so it still moves around a little bit, I also added some of the tiny die cut planets to the back section of the card using Pinflair glue.


I then attached a strip of acetate to the astronaut boy, I added some glossy accents to one end and tucked him in behind my front panel (snip off any excess acetate that pokes through to the circle once the glossy accents is dry) once dry bend the acetate slightly so that the boy bobs around in front of the card so he's floating in space!


As a finishing touch I added the die cut circle sentiment (matted onto silver and then punched out with a circle punch) and some dots of liquid pearls in black and white for some extra stars!


I hope you like my little space scene, it was certainly fun to create - I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this little set as soon as I saw it behind the scenes at Create & Craft, it was great to get to put it all together!

Thank you for dropping by today!
Sarah x

3 comments: