Hunkydory & Sizzix card

The other night I finally got some time to play with some of my Hunkydory kits (yay!) so today I'm sharing one of my fave cards that I made. I just love the artwork so this came together really quickly...
First I used my score board to make a card blank base from the scattered stars adorable scorable card. Then I stamped a brick stamp onto some brown textured card using walnut stain distress ink. I dried the distress ink with a heat gun so it wouldn't smudge before distressing round the edges with vintage photo distress ink.
 I then added some rock candy distress stickles to add a bit of glitz to the brown, once that was dry I added the little boy topper. The swirls are cut from a Sizzix die, I covered the join in the corner with a daisy (also a sizzix die) these little daisies are so cute and really easy to make with pinflair glue (you cut all the petals individually with the die)
 
I added a couple of leaves, using my embossing tool to mark them with veins first to make them more realistic and finished with some dots of liquid pearls in silver and white and some icicle stickles to the daisies.

I made another card that night which I will share later his week, but here is a little sneak peek...
I should also mention, if you are connected to me on Facebook you may have noticed a little change of name on my page today (the 'illustrator & craft designer' bit has been removed) don't worry nothing has changed, and I'm still both of those things! it's just I have some new projects coming up that don't fit in to either of those categories and I'm just getting prepared! Will spill the beans very soon, promise!

Thank you for dropping by today!
Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely & can't wait to see the full version of your sneek peek x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done with this!!

    ReplyDelete