Crime Scene Mini Book

So, I mentioned that I was working on a really fun mini book, now it's all done and ready to be filled with pictures and journaling so I thought I'd share! I recently got these fabby Crime Scene stamps from a Facebook friend:



and I've been DYING to use them! I had a tag / envelope book which I thought would be really fun to turn into a crime scene style 'Case Folder' like you see in those old detective films and programmes



So here is my step by step walkthrough...

The front  cover - I painted the chipboard with acrylic paints and embossed the stamping on the front


As you open it a mini Bulldog clip holds a chipboard file folder, inside is a mini manila card for observations held together with a Tim Holtz mini paperclip


The come the Mini Envelopes, each has been inked with Distress Inks using a blending tool...


 

 

The little card on the front of this one is an October Afternoon 'Wild Card' which I distressed

This one has a mini 'polaroid' attached to the front...

 This one ties with string at the back...


and contains a tag which has a mini bottle attached to it - I coloured this green with my Promarkers to make it look like it contains something icky!

This one also opens....
 

To reveal a tag with a 'blood stained' piece of evidence!


All of the envelopes have their own little tags which I will add my photo's and journaling to - now I just need to decide who my subject will be and their 'crime' I'm guessing Fuzzybutt will be the obvious choice - there is certainly enough photo's of her mischief to choose from!!
Thanks for looking!

Sarah x

p.s. if you are looking for your freebie download it's in the post below, and the Blog Candy is still open here!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This is seriously cool! Really, really good stuff Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Fuzzybutt and the mystery of the stolen Easter eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute!!! The stamps are so cool~great set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the style of those stampnd what a cute way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome mini album!! You did a great job distressing everything...it looks a legit file from a crime scene.

    ReplyDelete