Rubber Stamping with Derwent Coloursoft Pencils

Last week I found these gorgeous Woodland stamps from DoCrafts on eBay (bargain!) they reminded me of my own Woodland Whimsies designs so of course I had to have them! I thought they would be perfect to use with my Derwent Coloursoft pencils as the texture of the pencil would really help to make the scene soft and pretty and make the animals look almost fluffy!

So last night during another bout of insomnia *sigh* I burnt the midnight oil to make and colour this card...
For the background I used a shaving brush with my Distress Inks to create a soft look then used the blending tool round the edges to make it a bit darker
The owl is on a little spring so it looks like its flying!
The little animals I stamped separately and added using 3D foam in different thicknesses to give a dimensional look.
The grass I hand cut from a piece of scrap paper and then coloured with pencils, I did think about cutting it from green paper but I didn't want it to look odd!

I love using Coloursofts because the colours blend so well, you do need to keep a pencil sharpener handy though if you're quite a  heavy handed colourer-inner like me!

Last night I also cooked! what a feat that was for me, hahahaha. Clare from my DT is always encouraging me to have a go and sending me recipes so I actually tried to cook one of my favourite things last night, lemon chicken and noodles, and I have to say, the half that wasn't welded to the bottom of the pan was delicious! ;o)

Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sarah, cute images. I neeeeed those pencils.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute. love how you done the background and how you used the spring to create movement in your card.

    clare x

    ReplyDelete