Inspired by... Hexagons

One of the recent trends I LOVE and have even incorporated into my own product ranges is honeycomb / hexagons, I may be a little bit obsessed! I've been hunting high and low for a hexagon shaped punch but haven't found one *sob* but then last night while messing about with my Cricut I found on my 'Once Upon a Princess' cartridge some Hexagons - yay! It didn't matter that it was around 2am and my cricut is a bit noisy I had to cut them out right then (sorry neighbours! - actually I take that back, one of my neighbours has drums *sigh*)

I then stayed up into the wee small hours to put together this layout...
I cut my hexagons out of some old book pages from a french book I thrifted ages ago, and some scraps of Studio Calico and Amy Tangerine paper. Once I worked out my pattern I glued down my pictured and then added all my hexagons. As a finishing touch I stitched over some of them with brown embroidery thread.

here are a couple of close ups... (click to see them bigger!)
It was great to get back to crafting after a week or so of being too busy to get in my studio - I ended up making (or at least starting!) lots of projects. Today I was back to book research, product design and catching up on tons of emails after my email broke this morning! Lots of cups of Earl Grey have kept me going though and I think I might even make it back into my studio tomorrow night :o)

Thanks so much for dropping by
Sarah x

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love your Cricut. Glad you found the shape and your LO looks great.

    ReplyDelete