Doodle Canvas

Today a quick and messy project to share! I've had a pack of these mini natural unbleached canvases hanging around for a while, I kept looking at them but couldn't get inspired. As I mentioned, my mojo completely disappeared for most of last week, so I grabbed one of these canvases and just started messing around - I figured if I messed it up, I could just throw it away! In the end I was quite pleased with it...
I started by swiping over with some white distress stain just to lighten the dark colour slightly and make sure the stamping and doodling stood out. I then misted through a mask with some white Mr Huey (not realising the canvas had a bit of a coating) the coating caused it to blur so I dabbed it off with a kitchen towel leaving a mottled effect.

When that was dry I stamped the girl and the cat (these stamps are from Prima, I picked them up at Ally Pally!) using Staz on Ink. I also stamped the chevon borders (those are from Sodalicious) I then doodled around the edge of the canvas to create a scallop border and doodled some stars and dots over the whole canvas. When everything was dry I used my Neon Promarkers (obsessed with these at the moment!!) to add some flashes of colour.

As a finishing touch I added some glossy accents in sections and swiped the Staz on ink pad all around the edge of the canvas.

It's a bit quirky and 'art journaly' but I think thats what I like about it! It now lives on a little easel in my craft room :o)

Thanks for dropping by today!
Sarah x

4 comments:

  1. I love this.The girl and her cat are gorgeous and I really like the chevrons and stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the canvas Sarah, its gorgeous.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! Gorgeous AND cute! I want one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little project, love the doodling :)

    ReplyDelete